Super Useful WordPress Courses, Tips and Resources
New to websites? New to WordPress?
- Take a WordPress course.
- Grassroots Internet Strategy‘s eCourse Step-by-Step Website Planning for Start Ups is essential and great value for anyone starting out with their first website.
- Check out the WordPress codex’s beginners section.
- Don’t forget to download my free guide – Using WordPress!
Want awesome and cheap website hosting?
Want a great-looking theme that’s easy to set up?
- Check out StudioPress Themes for WordPress. They have a lot of choose from and top-notch support.
Want to get more visitors?
Want to get your hands dirty?
- CyberDuck is the best FTP application I’ve used for Mac.
- DaFont and FontSquirrel are incredible repositories of free fonts.
Want to be more productive?
- Sync RSS feeds and stay updated on many blogs at once using Feedly.
- I use the GTD (Getting Things Done) application Things on my Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- Dropbox is a beautifully simple, drag-and-drop file transfer and cloud storage service.
Want some essential WordPress plugins?
- Yoast SEO will manage all your search engine and social media metadata.
- Let Akismet manage your spam.
- For the easiest way to connect your site to Google Analytics, check out Google Analyticator.
- We love the Jetpack plugin (which is actually a lot of different plugins combined) – especially the “Sharing” module for managing social media buttons and automatic publishing.
- The WordPress Database Backup plugin, combined with regular backups of the files of your site, provides a painless way to back up your precious work.
- Backup Buddy is a premium, automated plugin that will manage database and full file backups.
Full disclosure: some of these are affiliate links and we will earn a commission if you choose to purchase through them.